This document is a compilation of publications of the Climate and Radiation Research for calendar year 1980. If you wish further information, or a reprint, please contact the author of the article or the publisher. Currently, there are 23 publications, papers, or other works listed for 1980.
Where possible, a DOI number and link has been provided in order to allow access to more information on the specific publication or document. If you require more information, you may contact the author or authors directly by clicking on his or her name.
Book Articles or Chapters
- Wiscombe W., and A. Mugnai (1980). Exact calculations of scattering from moderately-nonspherical tn-particles: Comparisons with equivalent spheres. Proc. Workshop Light Scattering by Irregularly Shaped Particles, D. W. Schuerman, Ed., Plenum Publishing Corp NY, pages unknown.
- Bell T.L. (1980). Climate sensitivity from fluctuation-dissipation: Some simple model tests J. Atmos. Sci., 37, 1700-1707
- Chou M. -D., and A. Arking (1980). Computation of infrared cooling rates in the water vapor bands J. Atmos. Sci., 37, 855-867
- King M.D., and R. J. Curran (1980). The effect of a nonuniform planetary albedo on the interpretation of Earth radiation budget observations J. Atmos. Sci., 37, 1262-1278
- King M.D., D. M. Byrne, J. A. Reagan, and B. M. Herman (1980). Spectral variation of optical depth at tucson, arizona between august 1975 and december 1977 Journal of Applied Meteorology, 19, 723-732
- Krueger A. J., B. Guenther, A. J. Fleig, D. F. Heath, E. Hilsenrath, R.C. McPeters, and C. Prabhakara (1980). Satellite ozone measurements Phil. Transactions R. Soc. LondonA296, 191-204
- Mekler Y., and Y.J. Kaufman (1980). The effect of Earth's atmosphere on contrast reduction for a nonuniform surface albedo and two-halves field J. Geophys. Res., 85, 4067-4083
- Mugnai A., and W. Wiscombe (1980). Scattering of radiation by moderately nonspherical particles J. Atmos. Sci., 37, 1291-1307
- Nussenzveig H., and W. Wiscombe (1980). Forward optical Glory Optics Lett., 5, 455-457
- Nussenzveig H., and W. Wiscombe (1980). Efficiency factors in Mie scattering Phys. Rev. Lett., 45, 1490-1494
- Otterman J., S. Ungar, Y.J. Kaufman, and M. Podolak (1980). Atmospheric effect on radiometric imaging from satellites under low optical thickness conditions Remote Sens. Environ., 9, 115-129
- Otterman J., Y.J. Kaufman, M. Podolak, and S. Ungar (1980). Dependence of the Spectral Surface Irradiance on aerosol properties and surface reflectivity Solar Energy, 24, 279-286
- Prabhakara C., S. Chandra, and S. B. Modali (1980). Remote sensing of the ozone profile in the lower stratosphere using UV and IR measurements from Nimbus 4 J. Geophys. Res., 85, 1618-1620
- Reagan J. A., D. M. Byrne, M.D. King, J. D. Spinhirne, and B. M. Herman (1980). Determination of the complex refractive index and size distribution of atmospheric particulates from bistatic-monostatic Lidar and solar radiometer measurements J. Geophys. Res. (Atmos.), 85, 1591-1599
- Salmun H., R.F. Cahalan, and G. R. North (1980). Latitude-dependent sensitivity to stationary perturbations in simple climate models J. Atmos. Sci., 37, 1874-1879
- Samir U., and Y.J. Kaufman (1980). An assessment of the relative importance of body and plasma properties in determining the ion current. Distribution in the wake of an ionospheric satellite J. Atmos. Terr. Physics., 42, 533-543
- Samir U., Y.J. Kaufman, L. H. Brace, and H. C. Brinton (1980). The dependence of ion density in the wake of the AE-C satellite on the ratio of the body size to Debye length in an |0+|-dominated plasma J. Geophys. Res., 85, 1769-1772
- Sud Y.C. (1980). MHD-steam thermal power plant analysis Power Engineer. Society of Power Engineers, 20, 50-60
- Wharton L.E., N. W. Spencer, and H. C. Brinton (1980). Correlations between neutral meridional winds and ion densities observed on AE-E J. Geophys. Res., p. 4653, 85.
- Wiscombe W. (1980). Improved Mie scattering algorithms Appl. Opt., 19, 1505-1509
- Wiscombe W., and S. Warren (1980). A model for the spectral albedo of snow I. Pure snow J. Atmos. Sci., 37, 2712-2733
- Wiscombe W., and S. Warren (1980). A model for the spectral albedo of snow II. Snow containing atmospheric aerosols J. Atmos. Sci., 37, 2734-2745
- Kahn R.A. (1980). Some properties of the Martian atmosphere obtained from the Viking experiments Ph.D. thesis, Harvard University