This document is a compilation of publications of the Climate and Radiation Research for calendar year 1984. If you wish further information, or a reprint, please contact the author of the article or the publisher. Currently, there are 25 publications, papers, or other works listed for 1984.
Where possible, a DOI number and link has been provided in order to allow access to more information on the specific publication or document. If you require more information, you may contact the author or authors directly by clicking on his or her name.
Book Articles or Chapters
- Harshvardhan, A. Arking, M.D. King, and M. D. Chou (1984). Impact of the El Chichon stratospheric aerosol layer on northern hemisphere temperatures. (261-273). Aerosols and Their Climatic Effects, H. E. Gerber and A. Deepak, Eds., A. Deepak Publishing.
- Roads J. O., G. K. Vallis, and L.A. Remer (1984). Cloud/climate sensitivity experiments. (92-107). Climate Processes and Climate Sensitivity, American Geophysical Union, Ed..
- Chao W.C., and M. R. Schoeberl (1984). On the linear approximation of gravity wave saturation in the mesosphere J. Atmos. Sci., 41, 1893-1898
- Chou M. -D. (1984). Broadband water vapor transmission functions for atmospheric IR flux computations J. Atmos. Sci., 41, 1775-1778
- Chou M. -D., L. Peng, and A. Arking (1984). Climate studies with a Multi-Layer Energy Balance Model, Part III: Climatic impact of stratospheric volcanic aerosols J. Atmos. Sci., 41, 759-767
- Fraser R. S., Y.J. Kaufman, and R. Mahoney (1984). Satellite measurements of aerosol mass and transport J. Atmos. Environ., 18, 2577-2584
- Goswami B. N., J. Shukla, Y.C. Sud, and E. K. Schneider (1984). Study of the dynamics of the Intertropical Convergence Zone with a symmetric version of the GLAS climate model J. Atmos. Sci.(1), 41, 5-19
- Hays P. B., T. L. Killeen, N. W. Spencer, L.E. Wharton, R. G. Roble, B. A. Emory, T. J. Fuller-Rowell, D. Rees, L. Frank, and J. Cravens (1984). Observations of dynamics of the polar thermosphere J. Geophys. Res., p. 5597, 89.
- (1984). The spatial and seasonal distribution of Martian clouds, and some meteorological implications J. Geophys. Res., 89, 6672-6688
- (1984). Atmospheric effect on spatial resolution of surface imagery Appl. Opt., 23, 3400-3408
- (1984). Atmospheric effect of remote sensing of surface reflectance SPIE, 475, 20-33
- (1984). The atmospheric effect on separability of field classes measured from satellite Remote Sens. Environ., 18, 21-34
- Kaufman Y.J., and R. S. Fraser (1984). The effect of finite field size on classification and atmospheric correction Remote Sens. Environ., 15, 95-118
- Kidder, S., and H. Wu (1984). Dramatic Contrast between Low Clouds and Snow Cover in Daytime 3.7 mm Image Mon. Wea. Rev, 106, 2345-2346
- Killeen T. L., R.W. Smith, P. B. Hays, N. W. Spencer, L.E. Wharton, and F. G. McCormac (1984). Neutral winds in the high latitude winter F-region: Coordinated observations from ground and space Geophys. Res. Lett., p. 311, 11.
- King M.D., Harshvardhan, and A. Arking (1984). A model of the radiative properties of the El Chichon stratospheric aerosol layer J. Climate Appl. Meteor., 23, 1121-1137
- Mekler Y., Y.J. Kaufman, and R. S. Fraser (1984). Reflectivity of the atmosphere-inhomogeneous surface system: Laboratory simulation J. Atmos. Sci., 41, 2595-2604
- Otterman J., M. -D. Chou, and A. Arking (1984). Effects of non-tropical forest cover on climate J. Climate Appl. Meteor., 23, 762-767
- Ross J. K., and A.L. Marshak (1984). Calculation of the solar radiation reflection function from plant cover using Monte Carlo method Soviet J. of Remote Sens., (Russian translated into English 7 2 346-360 1990), 5, 58-67
- Somerville R. C. J., and L.A. Remer (1984). Cloud optical thickness feedbacks in the CO2 climate problem J. Geophys. Res., 89, 9668-9672
- Sud Y.C., and M. J. Fennessy (1984). Influence of evaporation in semi-arid regions on the July circulation - A numerical study J. Climatology(4), 4, 383-398
- Sud Y.C., and W. E. Smith (1984). Ensemble formulation of surface fluxes and improvement in evapotranspiration and cloud parameterization in a GCM Boundary Layer Meteor.(2), 29, 185-210
- Tsay S.C., and K. Jayaweera (1984). Physical characteristics of Arctic stratus clouds J. Climate Appl. Meteor., 23, 584-596
- Wharton L.E., N. W. Spencer, and H. G. Mayr (1984). The Earth's thermospheric superrotation from Dynamics Explorer 2 Geophys. Res. Lett., p. 531, 11.
- Wiscombe W., R. Welch, and W. Hall (1984). The effect of very large drops on cloud absorption I. Parcel models J. Atmos. Sci., 41, 1336-1355