This document is a compilation of publications of the Climate and Radiation Research for calendar year 1990. If you wish further information, or a reprint, please contact the author of the article or the publisher. Currently, there are 28 publications, papers, or other works listed for 1990.
Where possible, a DOI number and link has been provided in order to allow access to more information on the specific publication or document. If you require more information, you may contact the author or authors directly by clicking on his or her name.
Updates to our publications records have been put on hold until a new storage and delivery system has been put in place. As a result, this information is currently out of date and does not include the most recent publications. For a more complete listing of publications, please visit the Sciences and Exporation Directorate.
Book Articles or Chapters
- Kaufman Y.J., A. Setzer, C. Justice, C. J. Tuker, and I. Fung (1990). Remote sensing of biomass burning in the tropics, fires in the tropical biota: ecological studies. (371-399). C. J. Godammer, Ed., 84 Springer-Verlag.
- (1990). Principles of Numerical Modeling with Applications to Atmospheric Radiation. Course on Radiation as It Relates to Climate. Westview Press, Boulder, Colorado, pages unknown.
- Antyufeev V. S., and A.L. Marshak (1990). Vegetation cover parameters restoration from the value of spectral brightness coefficient Soviet J. of Atmos. Opt., (Russian), 3, 871-878
- Antyufeev V. S., and A.L. Marshak (1990). Monte Carlo method and Transport Equation in plant canopies Remote Sens. Environ., 31, 183-191
- Antyufeev V. S., and A.L. Marshak (1990). Inversion of Monte Carlo model for estimating vegetation canopy parameters Remote Sens. Environ., 33, 201-209
- Bell T.L., A. Abdullah, R. L. Martin, and G. R. North (1990). Sampling errors for satellite-derived tropical rainfall: Monte Carlo study using a space-time stochastic model J. Geophys. Res., 95, 2195-2205
- Cahalan R.F., H. Leidecker, and G. Cahalan (1990). Chaotic rhythms of a dripping faucet Computers In Physics, 4, 368-383
- Chou M. -D. (1990). Parameterization for the absorption of solar radiation by O2 and CO2 with application to climate studies J. Climate, 3, 209-217
- Cioffi D., R. Cahalan, and D. Leisawitz (1990). Turbulence in an IRAS Cirrus Cloud Bulletin of the American Astronomical Society, p.1246, 22.
- Ferrare R. A., R. S. Fraser, and Y.J. Kaufman (1990). Satellite remote sensing of large scale air pollution - Measurements of forest fires smoke J. Geophys. Res., 95, 9911-9925
- Holben B. N., Y.J. Kaufman, and J. D. Kendall (1990). NOAA-11 AVHRR visible and Near-IR bands inflight calibration Int. J. Rem. Sens., 11, 1511-1519
- Joseph J. H., and R.F. Cahalan (1990). Nearest-neighbor spacing in fair weather cumulus J. Appl. Meteor., 29, 793-805
- Jun W., and F. Yang (1990). The phenomena of bifurcation and catastrophe of large-scale horizontal motion in the atmosphere under the effect of Rossby parameter Adv. Atmos. Sci., 4, 409-422
- (1990). Ice haze, snow, and the Mars water cycle J. Geophys. Res., 677-14,693, 95, 14
- Kaufman Y.J., C. J. Tucker, and I. Fung (1990). Remote sensing of biomass burning in the Tropics J. Geophys. Res. (D7), 95, 9927-9939
- Kaufman Y.J., R. S. Fraser, and R. A. Ferrare (1990). Satellite remote sensing of large scale air pollution - Method J. Geophys. Res., 95, 9895-9909
- King M.D., L. F. Radke, and P. V. Hobbs (1990). Determination of the spectral absorption of solar radiation by marine stratocumulus clouds from airborne measurements within clouds J. Atmos. Sci., 47, 894-907
- Lare A. R., and S. E. Nicholson (1990). A climatonomic description of the surface energy balance in the central Sahel. Part I. Shortwave radiation J. Appl. Meteor., 29, 123-137
- (1990). Asymptotical representation of the weight of Gauss Quadrature Rule USSR Mathem. Notices, (Russian translated into English 47 (4) 354-358 1992), 47, 63-68
- Nakajima T., and M.D. King (1990). Determination of the optical thickness and effective particle radius of clouds from reflected solar radiation measurements. Part I: Theory J. Atmos. Sci., 47, 1878-1893
- Nicholson S. E., and A. R. Lare (1990). A climatonomic description of the surface energy balance in the central Sahel. Part II. The evapoclimatonomy submodel J. Appl. Meteor., 29, 138-146
- Prabhakara C., J. -M. Yoo, G. Dalu, and R. S. Fraser (1990). Deep optically thin cirrus clouds in the polar region, Part I: Infrared extinction characteristics J. Appl. Meteor., 29, 1313-1329
- Stamnes K., and S.C. Tsay (1990). Optimum spectral resolution for computing atmospheric heating and photodissociation rates Planet. Space Sci., 38, 807-820
- Stephens G. L., and S.C. Tsay (1990). On the cloud absorption anomaly Quart. J. Roy. Meteor. Soc., 116, 671-704
- Stephens G. L., S.C. Tsay, P. W. Stackhouse, and P. J. Flatau (1990). The relevance of the microphysical and radiative properties of cirrus clouds to climate and climatic feedback J. Atmos. Sci., 47, 1742-1753
- Sud Y.C., P. J. Sellers, Y. Mintz, M. -D. Chou, G.K. Walker, and W. E. Smith (1990). Influence of the biosphere on the global circulation and hydrologic cycle - A GCM simulation experiment J. Agric. For. Meteor.(1-2), 52, 133-180
- Tsay S.C., K. Stamnes, and K. Jayaweera (1990). Radiative transfer in planetary atmospheres: Development and verification of a unified model J. Quant. Spectrosc. Radiat. Transfer, 43, 133-148
- Warren S., W. Wiscombe, and J. Firestone (1990). Spectral albedo and emissivity of CO2 in Martian polar caps: Model results J. Geophys. Res., 95, 14717-14741