This document is a compilation of publications of the Climate and Radiation Research for calendar year 1991. If you wish further information, or a reprint, please contact the author of the article or the publisher. Currently, there are 24 publications, papers, or other works listed for 1991.
Where possible, a DOI number and link has been provided in order to allow access to more information on the specific publication or document. If you require more information, you may contact the author or authors directly by clicking on his or her name.
Book Articles or Chapters
- Cahalan R.F. (1991). Landsat observations of fractal cloud structure. (281-295). Nonlinear Variability in Geophysics, D. Schertzer and S. Lovejoy, Eds, Kluwer, Inc..
- Holben B. N., Y.J. Kaufman, D. Tanre, A. Setzer, and D. Ward (1991). Optical properties of aerosol emissions from biomass BASE-A. (403-411). Global Biomass Burning, The MIT press.
- Ward D., A. Setzer, Y. Kaufman, and R. Rasmussen (1991). Characteristics of smoke emissions from biomass fires of the Amazon region - BASE-A Experiment. (394-402). Global Biomass Burning, The MIT press.
- Chou M. -D. (1991). The derivation of cloud parameters from satellite-measured radiances for use in surface radiation calculations J. Atmos. Sci., 48, 1549-1559
- Chou M. -D., and L. Kouvaris (1991). Calculations of transmission functions in the IR CO2 and O3 bands J. Geophys. Res., 96, 9003-9012
- Chou M. -D., D. P. Kratz, and W. Ridgway (1991). IR radiation parameterizations in numerical climate models J. Climate, 4, 424-437
- Fiedler-Ferrari N., H. Nussenzveig, and W. Wiscombe (1991). Theory of near-critical angle scattering from a curved interface Phys. Rev.A43, 1005-1038
- Ji G., K. -N. Liou, S. C. Ou, and M. -D. Chou (1991). Analysis of the autumn atmospheric radiation field in the mid-latitude arid region of China Plateau Meteorology, 10, 174-185
- Jiang W. M., H. Yu, and W. F. Cai (1991). Fluid modeling experiment in wind tunnel for atmospheric environment and air pollution in PBL Scientia Meteorological Sinica, (3),. (Chinese), 11, 272-282
- Joseph J. H., Y.J. Kaufman, and Y. Mekler (1991). Urban light pollution - The effect of atmospheric aerosol on astronomical observations at night Appl. Opt., 30, 3047-3058
- Kahn R.A., and J. Appleby (1991). Planetary Atmospheres: U.S. National Report to the International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics 1987-1990 Reviews of Geophysics, Supplement, 328-337
- Kaufman Y.J., R. S. Fraser, and R. L. Mahoney (1991). Fossil fuel and biomass burning effect on climate - Heating or cooling? J. Climate, 4, 578-588
- Li C., and Y. Zhou (1991). An Observational study of the 30-50 day atmospheric oscillations. Part II: emporal evolution and hemispheric interaction across the equator Advances in Atmos. Sci.,No.4, 8.
- Myneni R. B., A.L. Marshak, and Yu. V. Knyazikhin (1991). Transport theory for a leaf canopy of finite-dimensional scattering centers J. Quant. Spectr. and Rad. Trans., 46, 259-280
- Nakajima T., M.D. King, J. D. Spinhirne, and L. F. Radke (1991). Determination of the optical thickness and effective particle radius of clouds from reflected solar radiation measurements. Part II: Marine stratocumulus observations J. Atmos. Sci., 48, 728-750
- Nussenzveig H., and W. Wiscombe (1991). Complex angular momentum approximation to hard-core scattering Phys. Rev.A43, 2093-2112
- Raghavarao R., L.E. Wharton, N. W. Spencer, H. G. Mayr, and L. H. Brace (1991). An Equatorial Temperature and Wind Anomaly (ETWA) Geophys Res. Lett., 18, 1193-1196
- Ridgway W.L., Harshvardhan, and A. Arking (1991). Computation of atmospheric infrared cooling rates by exact and approximate methods J. Geophys. Res., 96, 8969-8984
- Stephens G. L., P. M. Gabriel, and S.C. Tsay (1991). Statistical radiative transport in one-dimensional media and its application to the terrestrial atmosphere Transport Theory Statis. Phys., 20, 139-175
- Sud Y.C., G.K. Walker, and W. E. Smith (1991). Analysis of a GCM simulation of the atmospheric response to the observed sea-surface temperature anomalies of January and February 1983 J. Climate(1), 4, 107-115
- Sud Y.C., W.C. Chao, and G.K. Walker (1991). Contributions to the implementation of Arakawa-Schubert cumulus parameterization in the GLA GCM J. Atmos. Sci.(13), 48, 1573-1586
- Tsay S.C., G. L. Stephens, and T. J. Greenwald (1991). An investigation of aerosol microstructure on visual air quality Atmos. Environ., A, 25, 1039-1053
- Wu, H. (1991). The Role of Eddy Fluxes in the Response of the Atmosphere to Tropical Thermal Forcing PhD Thesis, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Yang F. (1991). The stability of large-scale horizontal air motion in the non-linear basic zephyr flow under the effect of Rossby parameter Adv. Atmos. Sci., 8, 149-164