This document is a compilation of publications of the Climate and Radiation Research for calendar year 1992. If you wish further information, or a reprint, please contact the author of the article or the publisher. Currently, there are 29 publications, papers, or other works listed for 1992.
Where possible, a DOI number and link has been provided in order to allow access to more information on the specific publication or document. If you require more information, you may contact the author or authors directly by clicking on his or her name.
Updates to our publications records have been put on hold until a new storage and delivery system has been put in place. As a result, this information is currently out of date and does not include the most recent publications. For a more complete listing of publications, please visit the Sciences and Exporation Directorate.
Book Articles or Chapters
- Kahn R.A., S. W. Lee, T. Z. Martin, and R. W. Zurek (1992). The Martian Dust Cycle. (1017-1053). Book chapter in Mars, Kieffer et al., Eds., U. Arizona Press.
- Sud Y.C., and G.K. Walker (1992). A review of recent research on improvement of physical parameterizations in the GLA GCM in "Physical Processes in Atmospheric Models". D. R. Sikka and S. S. Singh, Eds., Wiley Eastern Limited, India, 4654/21 Daryagung, New Delhi, India. pages unknown.
- Andreae M. O., A. Chapius, B. Cros, J. Fontan, G. Helas, C. Justice, Y.J. Kaufman, A. Minga, and D. Nganga (1992). Ozone and Aitken nuclei over equatorial Africa, Airborne observations during DECAFE 88 J. Geophys. Res., 97, 6137-6148
- Atlas D., and T.L. Bell (1992). The relation of radar to cloud Area-Time Integrals and implications for rain measurements from space Mon. Wea. Rev., 120, 1997-2008
- Betts A. K., P. Minnis, W. Ridgway, and D. F. Young (1992). Integration of satellite and surface data using a radiative-convective oceanic boundary-layer model J. Applied Meteor., 31, 340-350
- Betts A. K., and W.L. Ridgway (1992). Tropical boundary layer equilibrium in the last ice age J. Geophys. Res., 97, 2529-2534
- (1992). Kuwait oil fires as seen by Landsat J. Geophys. Res., 97, 14565-14571
- Chao W.C., and L. -P. Chang (1992). Development of a 4-dimensional variational analysis system based on the GLA GCM using the adjoint method. Part I: Dynamics Mon. Wea. Rev., 120, 1661-1673
- Chou M. -D. (1992). A solar radiation model for climate studies J. Atmos. Sci., 49, 762-772
- Chou M. -D. (1992). Modeling of solar and infrared radiative transfer in climate studies Trends Atmos. Sci., 1, 325-335
- Chou M. -D., G. Ji, K. -N. Liou, and S. Ou (1992). Calculations of surface radiation in arid regions--A case study J. Appl. Meteor., 31, 1084-1095
- Eastes R. W., T. L. Killeen, Q. Wu, J. D. Winningham, W. R. Hoegy, L.E. Wharton, and G. R. Carignan (1992). An experimental investigation of thermospheric structure near an auroral arc J. Geophys. Res., 97, 10539-10549
- Fraser R. S., R. A. Ferrare, Y.J. Kaufman, B. L. Markham, and S. Mattoo (1992). Algorithm for atmospheric corrections of aircraft and satellite imagery Int. J. Rem. Sens., 13, 541-557
- Holden B. N., E. Vermote, Y.J. Kaufman, D. Tanre, and J. Kalb (1992). Atmospheric correction methods for the AVHRR IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., 30, 212-222
- Kaufman Y.J., and B. C. Gao (1992). Remote sensing of water vapor in the Near IR from EOS/MODIS IEEE J. Geosci. Rem. Sens., 30, 871-884
- Kaufman Y.J., and D. Tanre (1992). Atmospheric resistant Vegetation Index IEEE J. Geosci. Rem. Sens., 30, 261-270
- Kaufman Y.J., A. Setzer, D. Ward, D. Tanre, B. N. Holben, P. Menzel, M. C. Pereira, and R. Rasmussen (1992). Biomass Burning Airborne and Spaceborne Experiment in the Amazonas (BASE-A) J. Geophys. Res, 97, 14581-14599
- (1992). Directional and spectral reflectance of the Kuwait oil-fire smoke J. Geophys. Res. (Atmos.), 97, 14545-14549
- King M.D., Y.J. Kaufman, W. P. Menzel, and D. Tanre (1992). Remote sensing of cloud, aerosol, and water vapor properties from the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer (MODIS) IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., 30, 2-27
- Knyazikhin Yu. V., A.L. Marshak, and R. B. Myneni (1992). Interaction of photons in a canopy of finite-dimensional leaves Remote Sens. Environ. (1), 39, 61-74
- Nakajima T., and M.D. King (1992). Asymptotic theory for optically thick layers: Application to the Discrete Ordinates Method Applied Optics, 31, 7669-7683
- Otterman J., and M. -D. Chou (1992). Simulations of desert-scrub growth: A forcing to warmer and more pluvial climate Advances Atmos. Sci., 9, 441-450
- Prabhakara C., G. Dalu, G. L. Liberti, J. J. Nucciarone, and R. Suhasini (1992). Rainfall estimation over oceans from SMMR and SSM/I microwave data J. Appl. Meteor., 31, 532-552
- Prabhakara C., G. Dalu, R. Suhasini, J. J. Nucciarone, and G. L. Liberti (1992). Rainfall over oceans: Remote sensing from satellite microwave radiometers Meteor. Atmos. Phys., pages unknown, 34.
- Sud Y.C., W.C. Chao, and G.K. Walker (1992). Role of a cumulus parameterization scheme in simulating atmospheric circulation and rainfall: A GCM simulation study Mon. Wea. Rev.(4), 120, 594-611
- Tanre D., B. N. Holben, and Y.J. Kaufman (1992). Atmospheric correction algorithm for NOAA-AVHRR products: Theory and application IEEE J. Geosci. Rem. Sens., 30, 231-248
- Tsay S.C., and K. Stamnes (1992). UV radiation in the Arctic: The impact of potential ozone depletions J. Geophys. Res., 97, 7829-7840
- Ward D. E., R. A. Susott, J. B. Kaufman, R. E. Babbitt, D. L. Cummings, B. Dias, B. N. Holben, Y.J. Kaufman, R. A. Rasmussen, and A. W. Setzer (1992). Smoke and fire characteristics for Cerrado and deforestation burns in Brazil: BASE-B Experiment J. Geophys. Res, 97, 14601-14619
- Yu H., and W. M. Jiang (1992). A new formula of atmospheric pollution coefficient and its application China Environmental Science(5),. (Chinese), 12, 389-392