This document is a compilation of publications of the Climate and Radiation Research for calendar year 1993. If you wish further information, or a reprint, please contact the author of the article or the publisher. Currently, there are 31 publications, papers, or other works listed for 1993.
Where possible, a DOI number and link has been provided in order to allow access to more information on the specific publication or document. If you require more information, you may contact the author or authors directly by clicking on his or her name.
Book Articles or Chapters
- Cahalan R.F., and W.J. Wiscombe (1993). Impact of cloud structure on climate (120-124). Current Problems in Atmospheric Radiation. A. Deepak Publishing
- King M.D. (1993). Radiative properties of clouds (123-149). Aerosol-Cloud-Climate Interactions, P. V. Hobbs, Ed., Academic Press
- Bell T.L., and N. Reid (1993). Detection of the diurnal cycle of tropical rainfall from satellite observations. J. Appl. Meteor., 32, 311-322.
- Chen T. C., M. C. Yen, J. Pfaendtner, and Y.C. Sud (1993). The vertical structure of diabatic heating associated with the Madden-Julian Oscillation simulated by the GLA GCM. J. Geophys. Res. - Atmos.(D5), 98, 8801-8813.
- Chertock B., and Y.C. Sud (1993). Comparison of solar surface irradiance in the GLA GCM and satellite-based calculations. J. Climate(3), 6, 560-567.
- Chou M. -D., W. Ridgway, and M.-H. Yan (1993). One-parameter scaling and exponential-sum fitting for water vapor and CO2 infrared transmission functions. J. Atmos. Sci., 50, 2294-2303.
- Dalu G., C. Prabhakara, and J. J. Nucciarone (1993). Optimization of an algorithm for the estimation of rainfall from the Special Sensor Microwave Imager data. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 71, 419-425.
- Davis A., A. Marshak, and W. Wiscombe (1993). Bi-multifractal analysis and multi-affine modeling of non-stationary geophysical processes: Application to turbulence and clouds. Fractals, 3, 560-567.
- Deng W., T. L. Killeen, A. G. Burns, R. G. Roble, J. A. Slavin, and L.E. Wharton (1993). The effects of neutral inertia on ionospheric currents in the high-latitude thermosphere following a geomagnetic storm. J. Geophys. Res., 98, 7775-7790.
- Gabriel P. M., S.C. Tsay, and G. L. Stephens (1993). A Fourier-Ricatti approach to radiative transfer. Part I: Foundations. J. Atmos. Sci., 50, 3125-3147.
- Gao B. -C., A. Goetz, and W. Wiscombe (1993). Cirrus cloud detection from airborne imaging spectrometer data using the 1.38 micron water vapor band. Geophys. Res. Lett., 20, 301-304.
- Harshvardhan, and M.D. King (1993). Comparative accuracy of diffuse radiative properties computed using selected multiple scattering approximations. J. Atmos. Sci., 50, 247-259.
- Jiang W. M., H. Yu, and X. M. Wu (1993). A practical puff trajectory model with wind shear for regional multi-source application. Scientia Meteorological Sinica(2),. (Chinese), 13, 137-145.
- Kaufman Y., and M. -D. Chou (1993). Model simulations of the competing climatic effects of SO2 and CO2. J. Climate, 6, 1241-1252.
- Kaufman Y.J., and B. N. Holben (1993). Calibration of the AVHRR visible and Near-IR bands by atmospheric scattering, ocean glint and desert reflection. Int. J. Rem. Sens., 14, 21-52.
- Kaufman Y.J., and T. Nakajima (1993). Effect of Amazon smoke on cloud microphysics and albedo - Analysis from satellite imagery. J. Appl. Meteor. (Squires special issue), 32, 729-744.
- Kaufman Y.J. (1993). Aerosol optical thickness and atmospheric path radiance. J. Geophys. Res., 98, 2677-2692.
- Keating G. M., and N.C. Hsu (1993). The Venus atmospheric response to solar cycle variations. Geophy. Res. Lett., 20, 2751-2754.
- King M.D., L. F. Radke, and P. V. Hobbs (1993). Optical properties of marine stratocumulus clouds modified by ships. J. Geophys. Res. (Atmos.), 98, 2729-2739.
- Kratz D. P., M. -D. Chou, and M.M.-H. Yan (1993). Infrared radiation parameterizations for the minor CO2 bands and for several CFC bands in the Window Region. J. Climate, 6, 1269-1281.
- Marshak A., A. Davis, R. Cahalan, and W. Wiscombe (1993). Multi-singular and multi-affine properties of Bounded Cascade Models. Fractals, 3, 702-710.
- Oreopoulos L., and R. Davies (1993). Statistical Dependence of Albedo and Cloud Cover on Sea Surface Temperature for Two Tropical Marine Stratocumulus Regions. J. Climate, 6, 2434-2447.
- Prabhakara C., J. -M. Yoo, and D. P. Kratz (1993). Boundary layer stratus clouds inferred from satellite infrared spectral measurements. J. Quant. Spectr. and Rad. Trans., 49, 599-607.
- Prabhakara C., J. -M. Yoo, D. P. Kratz, G. Dalu, and A. Vernekar (1993). Optically thin cirrus clouds: Radiative impact on the Warmpool. J. Quant. Spectr. and Rad. Trans., 49, 467-483.
- Raghavarao R., W. R. Hoegy, N. W. Spencer, and L.E. Wharton (1993). Neutral temperature anomaly in the equatorial thermosphere - A source of vertical winds. Geophys. Res. Lett., 20, 1023-1026.
- Sud Y.C., and G.K. Walker (1993). A rain evaporation and downdraft parameterization to complement a cumulus updraft scheme and its evaluation using GATE data. Mon. Wea. Rev.(11), 121, 3019-3039.
- Sud Y.C., W.C. Chao, and G.K. Walker (1993). Dependence of rainfall on vegetation: Theoretical considerations, simulation experiments, observations and inferences from simulated atmospheric soundings. J. Arid Environ.(1), 25, 5-18.
- Tao W.-K., J. Simpson, C. -H. Sui, S. Lang, J. Scala, B. Ferrier, M. -D. Chou, and K. Pickering (1993). Heating, moisture and water budgets in the convective and stratiform regions of tropical and midlatitude squall lines: Their sensitivity to longwave radiation. J. Atmos. Sci., 50, 673-690.
- Valero F. P. J., S. Platnick, S. Kinne, P. Pilewskie, and A. Bucholtz (1993). Airborne brightness temperature measurements of polar winter troposphere as part of the Airborne Arctic Stratosphere Experiment II and the effect of brightness temperature variations on the diabatic heating in the lower stratosphere. Geophys. Res. Lett., 20, 2575-2578.
- Yang F., and Y. Chongguang (1993). Numerical simulation of regional short-range climate anomalies. Adv. Atmos. Sci., 3, 336-344.
- Yu H., and W. M. Jiang (1993). A stochastic model for prediction of fumigation dispersion in coastal areas. Scientia Atmospherica Sinica(5),. (Chinese), 17, 629-635.