This document is a compilation of publications of the Climate and Radiation Research for calendar year 1995. If you wish further information, or a reprint, please contact the author of the article or the publisher. Currently, there are 32 publications, papers, or other works listed for 1995.
Where possible, a DOI number and link has been provided in order to allow access to more information on the specific publication or document. If you require more information, you may contact the author or authors directly by clicking on his or her name.
Updates to our publications records have been put on hold until a new storage and delivery system has been put in place. As a result, this information is currently out of date and does not include the most recent publications. For a more complete listing of publications, please visit the Sciences and Exporation Directorate.
Book Articles or Chapters
- King M.D., S.C. Tsay, and S. Platnick (1995). In situ observations of the indirect effects of aerosol on clouds. (227-248). Aerosol Forcing of Climate, R. J. Charlson and J. E. Heintzenberg, Eds., John Wiley and Sons.
- Lelieveld J., P. J. Crutzen, H. Grassl, J. Heintzenberg, R. Jaenicke, Y.J. Kaufman, J. T. Kiehl, J. E. Penner, H. Rodhe, I. Schult, and I. Tegen (1995). Magnitudes and geographic variations and uncertainties of properties of tropospheric and stratospheric aerosols and their forcing. (335-348). Aerosol Forcing of Climate. Charlson and Heintzenberg, Eds., Wiley, England.
- Schwartz S. E., F. Arnold, J. P. Blanchet, P. A. Durkee, D. J. Hofmann, W. A. Hoppel, M.D. King, A. A. Lacis, T. Nakajima, J. A. Ogren, and O. B. Toon (1995). Group report: Connections between aerosol properties and forcing of climate. (251-280). Aerosol Forcing of Climate, R. J. Charlson and J. Heintzenberg, Eds., John Wiley and Sons.
- Atlas D., S. Y. Matrosov, A. J. Haymsfield, M. -D. Chou, and D.B. Wolff (1995). Radar and radiation properties of ice clouds J. Appl. Meteor., 34, 2329-2345
- Cahalan R.F., D. Silberstein, and J. B. Snider (1995). Liquid water path and plane-parallel albedo bias during ASTEX J. Atmos. Sci., 52, 3002-3012
- Cess R. D., M. D. Zhang, P. Minnis, L. Corsetti, E. G. Dutton, B. W. Forgan, D. P. Garber, W. L. Gates, Hack, E. F. Harrison, X. Jing, J. T. Kiehl, C. N. Long, J. -J. Morcrette, G. L. Potter, V. Ramanathan, B. Subasilar, C. H. Whitlock, D. F. Young, and Y. Zhou (1995). Absorption of solar radiation by clouds: Observations versus models Science, 267, 96-499
- (1995). A critique of Wave-CISK as an explanation for the 40-50 day Tropical Intraseasonal Oscillations J. Meteor. Soc. Japan., 73, 677-684
- Chou M. -D., A. Arking, J. Otterman, and W.L. Ridgway (1995). The effect of clouds on atmospheric absorption of solar radiation Geophys Res. Lett., 22, 1885-1888
- Chou M. -D., W. Ridgway, and M.-H. Yan (1995). Parameterizations for water vapor IR radiative transfer in the Middle Atmosphere J. Atmos. Sci., 52, 1159-1167
- Farrar T. J., S. E. Nicholson, and A. R. Lare (1995). The influence of soil type on the relationships between NDVI, rainfall, and soil moisture in semi-arid Botswana. Part II. Response to soil moisture Rem. Sens. Environ., 50, 121-133
- Gollmer S., Harshvardhan, R.F. Cahalan, and J. B. Snider (1995). Windowed and wavelet analysis of marine stratocumulus cloud inhomogeneity J. Atmos. Sci., 52, 3013-3030
- Gumley L. E., and M.D. King (1995). Remote sensing of flooding in the U.S. Upper Midwest during the summer of 1993 Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 76, 933-943
- (1995). Temperature structure of a Martian local dust storm J. Geophys. Res., 100, 5265-5275
- King M.D., D.D. Herring, and D. J. Diner (1995). The Earth Observing System (EOS): A space-based program for assessing mankind's impact on the global environment Optics and Photonic News, 6, 34-39
- Kylling A., K. Stamnes, and S.C. Tsay (1995). A reliable and efficient two-stream algorithm for spherical radiative transfer: Documentation of accuracy in realistic layered media J. Atmos. Chem., 21, 115-150
- Marshak A., A. Davis, W. Wiscombe, and G. Titov (1995). The verisimilitude of the Independent Pixel Approximation used in cloud remote sensing Remote Sens. Environ., 52, 72-78
- Marshak A., A. Davis, W. Wiscombe, and R.F. Cahalan (1995). Radiative smoothing in fractal clouds J. Geophys. Res. (Atmos.), 100, 26247-26261
- Mekler Y., and Y.J. Kaufman (1995). Possible causes of calibration, degradation of the AVHRR visible and Near IR channels Appl. Opt., 34, 1059-1062
- Mocko D.M., and W. R. Cotton (1995). Evaluation of fractional cloudiness parameterizations for use in a mesoscale model J. Atmos. Sci., (16), 52, 2884-2901
- Myneni R., F. G. Hall, P. J. Sellers, and A. Marshak (1995). The interpretation of Spectral Vegetation Indices IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., 33, 481-486
- Otterman J., T. Brakke, and A. Marshak (1995). Scattering by Lambertian-leaves canopy dependence on leaf-area projections Int. J. Rem. Sens., 16, 1107-1125
- Platnick S., and F. P. J. Valero (1995). A validation study of a satellite cloud retrieval during ASTEX J. Atmos. Sci., 52, 2985-3001
- Prabhakara C., J. J. Nucciarone, and J. -M. Yoo (1995). Examination of global atmospheric temperature monitoring with satellite microwave measurements: 1) Theoretical considerations J. Climatic Change, 30, 349-366
- Salathe E. P., D.F. Chesters, and Y.C. Sud (1995). Evaluation of the upper-tropospheric moisture climatology in a general circulation model using TOVS radiance observations J. Climate(10), 8, 2404-2414
- Schmidt E. O., R. F. Arduini, B. A. Wielicki, R. S. Stone, and S.C. Tsay (1995). Considerations for modeling thin cirrus effects via brightness temperature differences J. Appl. Meteor., 34, 447-459
- Sud Y.C., K. -M. Lau, G.K. Walker, and J.-H. Kim (1995). Understanding biosphere-precipitation relationship: Theory, model simulations and logical inferences MAUSAM, 46, 1-14
- Vermote E., and Y.J. Kaufman (1995). Absolute calibration of AVHRR visible and near infrared channels using ocean and cloud views J. Remote Sensing, 16, 2317-2340
- Walker G.K., Y.C. Sud, and R. Atlas (1995). Impact of ongoing Amazonian deforestation on local precipitation: A GCM simulation study Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc.(3), 76, 346-361
- Wen G., and J. E. Frederick (1995). The effects of horizontally extended clouds on backscattered ultraviolet sunlight J. Geophys. Res., D8, 387-16,3693., 100, 16
- Wen G., J. E. Frederick, and E. Hilsenrath (1995). Pinatubo aerosols and the behavior of ozone inferred from backscatter ultraviolet measurements on the space shuttle J. Geophys. Res., D9, 885-18,862, 100, 18
- Wielicki B. A., R. D. Cess, M.D. King, D. A. Randall, and E. F. Harrison (1995). Mission to Planet Earth: Role of clouds and radiation in climate Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 76, 2125-2153
- (1995). An absorbing mystery Nature, 376, 466-467