Laboratory for Atmospheres 2003 Technical Highlights: Cover Page
Cover Caption: Pictures in order of top to bottom, left to right.
- Volcanic aerosols shown in layering, flight on January 4, 2003 over California.
- Polar stratospheric clouds seen over Iceland, photographed by Ed Lewis, pilot of the DC-8 on February 2, 2003.
- Polar stratospheric clouds observed on flight of January 14.
- DC-8 outside the Arena Arctica hanger in Kiruna, Sweden in late January.
- Terrain over west coast of Greenland.
- Local noon on January 9 showing extent of sun light when the DC-8 arrived in Kiruna, Sweden on transit flight from Edwards AFB in California.
- AROTAL crew in front of the Arena Arctica hanger at the Kiruna airport. Members from left to right: Patricia Lucker2, Larry Twigg1, Grant Sumnicht1, William Heaps1, Tom McGee1, Don Silbert1, Gary Hansen2, Walter Hoegy1, and Chris Hostetler2.