This document is a compilation of publications of the Atmospheric for calendar year 1979. If you wish further information, or a reprint, please contact the author of the article or the publisher. Currently, there are 11 publications, papers, or other works listed for 1979.
Where possible, a DOI number and link has been provided in order to allow access to more information on the specific publication or document. If you require more information, you may contact the author or authors directly by clicking on his or her name.
Updates to our publications records have been put on hold until a new storage and delivery system has been put in place. As a result, this information is currently out of date and does not include the most recent publications. For a more complete listing of publications, please visit the Sciences and Exporation Directorate.
- Cahalan R.F., and G. R. North (1979). A stability theorem for energy-balance climate models J. Atmos. Sci., 36, 1178-1188
- Hoegy W. R., P. L. Dyson, L.E. Wharton, and N. W. Spencer (1979). Neutral atmospheric waves determined from Atmosphere Explorer measurements Geophys. Res. Lett., p. 187, 6.
- (1979). Effect of the Earth atmosphere on contrast for zenith observation J. Geophys. Res., 84, 3165-3172
- (1979). Determination of the ground albedo and the index of absorption of atmospheric particulates by remote sensing. Part II: Application J. Atmos. Sci., 36, 1072-1083
- King M.D., and B. M. Herman (1979). Determination of the ground albedo and the index of absorption of atmospheric particulates by remote sensing. Part I: Theory J. Atmos. Sci., 36, 163-173
- (1979). On the rate of convergence of the Discrete Ordinates Method in case of Gauss Quadrature Rule Trans. of Tartu Univ., (Russian), 500, 92-104
- Mayr H. G., I. Harris, N. W. Spencer, A. E. Hedin, L.E. Wharton, H. S. Porter, J. C. G. Walker, and H. C. Carlson (1979). Tides and the midnight temperature anomaly in the thermosphere Geophys. Res. Lett., p. 447, 6.
- Pollack J., ..., R.A. Kahn, and et al. (1979). Properties and effects of dust particles suspended in the Martian atmosphere J. Geophys. Res., 84, 2929-2945
- Prabhakara C., G. Dalu, R. C. Lo, and N. R. Nath (1979). Remote sensing of seasonal distribution of precipitable water vapor over the oceans and the interference of boundary-layer structure Mon. Wea. Rev., 107, 1388-1401
- Spencer N. W., G. R. Carignan, H. G. Mayr, H. B. Niemann, R. F. Theis, and L.E. Wharton (1979). The midnight temperature maximum in the Earth's equatorial thermosphere Geophys. Res. Lett., p. 444, 6.
- (1979). A study of Conditional Instability of the Second Kind and a numerical simulation of Easterly Waves and ITCZ Ph.D. Dissertation, UCLA, 1979