This document is a compilation of publications of the Atmospheric for calendar year 1986. If you wish further information, or a reprint, please contact the author of the article or the publisher. Currently, there are 22 publications, papers, or other works listed for 1986.
Where possible, a DOI number and link has been provided in order to allow access to more information on the specific publication or document. If you require more information, you may contact the author or authors directly by clicking on his or her name.
Book Articles or Chapters
- (1986). Nearest neighbor spacing distributions of cumulus clouds. (212-217). Proc. Int. Conf. Stat. Clim..
- (1986). Theory of optimal weighting of data to detect climatic change J. Atmos. Sci., 43, 1694-1710
- Cahalan R.F., and L. S. Chiu (1986). Large-scale short-period sea ice-atmosphere interaction J. Geophys. Res., 91, 10709-10717
- Chou M. -D., and L. Kouvaris (1986). Monochromatic calculations of atmospheric radiative transfer due to molecular line absorption J. Geophys. Res., 91, 4047-4055
- Chou M. -D., J. Childs, and P. Dorian (1986). Cloud cover estimation using bi-spectral satellite measurements J. Climate Appl. Meteor., 25, 1280-1292
- Fraser R. S., and Y.J. Kaufman (1986). Calibration of satellite sensors after launch Appl. Opt., 25, 1177-1185
- Irons, J.R., and R.L. Kennard (1986). The utility of Thematic Mapper sensor characteristics for surface mine monitoring. Photo. Eng. and Remote Sensing, 52(3), 389-396
- Jaquin F., P. Gierasch, and R.A. Kahn (1986). The vertical structure of limb hazes in the Martian atmosphere Icarus, 68, 442-461
- Kahn R.A., E. Guinness, and R. Arvidson (1986). Loss of small-scale surface texture in Viking Orbiter images due to atmospheric aerosols, and implications for inferences about surface history Icarus, 66, 22-38
- Kaufman Y.J., T. W. Brakke, and E. Eloranta (1986). Field experiment to measure the radiative characteristics of a hazy atmosphere J. Atmos. Sci., 43, 1136-1151
- King M.D., and Harshvardhan (1986). Comparative accuracy of selected multiple scattering approximations J. Atmos. Sci., 43, 784-801
- King M.D., M. G. Strange, P. Leone, and L. R. Blaine (1986). Multiwavelength scanning radiometer for airborne measurements of scattered radiation within clouds J. Atmos. Oceanic Tech., 3, 513-522
- Lee T., and Y.J. Kaufman (1986). The effect of surface non-Lambertianity of remote sensing on ground reflectance and Vegetation Index IEEE J. Geosci. Rem. Sens.GE-24, 699-708
- (1986). One estimate of the accuracy of the approximation the exponential integral by the quadrature rules Trans. of Estonian Academy of Sci. Phys.-Math., (Russian), 35, 249-257
- (1986). A remark on the Clenshaw-Curtis quadrature rule Trans. of Estonian Academy of Sci. Phys.-Math., (Russian), 35, 338-340
- (1986). The nonstandard form of the error for quadrature rules with strongly nonuniform position of quadrature points Trans. of Estonian Academy of Sci. Phys.-Math., (Russian), 35, 390-399
- Mekler Y., and Y.J. Kaufman (1986). Visibility of the Halleys nucleus from Giotto spacecraft Icarus, 64, 20-26
- Mugnai A., and W. Wiscombe (1986). Scattering from nonspherical Chebyshev particles. I: Cross sections, single-scattering albedo, asymmetry factor and backscattered fraction Appl. Opt., 25, 1235-1244
- Prabhakara C., D. A. Short, W. Wiscombe, R. S. Fraser, and B. Vollmer (1986). Rainfall over oceans inferred from Nimbus-7 SMMR, application to 1982-83 El Nino J. Climate Appl. Meteor., 25, 1464-1474
- Rees D., T. J. Fuller-Rowell, R. Gordon, M. F. Smith, N. C. Maynard, J. P. Heppner, N. W. Spencer, L. Wharton, P. B. Hays, and T. L. Killeen (1986). A theoretical and empirical study of the response of the high latitude thermosphere to the sense of the Y component of the interplanetary magnetic field Planet Space Sci., p. 1, 34.
- Sellers P. J., Y. Mintz, Y.C. Sud, and A. Dalcher (1986). A Simple Biosphere Model (SiB) for use within general circulation models J. Atmos. Sci.(6), 43, 505-531
- Wiscombe W., and R. Welch (1986). Further comments on the effects of large drops in clouds J. Atmos. Sci., 43, 401-407