This document is a compilation of publications of the Atmospheric for calendar year 1988. If you wish further information, or a reprint, please contact the author of the article or the publisher. Currently, there are 22 publications, papers, or other works listed for 1988.
Where possible, a DOI number and link has been provided in order to allow access to more information on the specific publication or document. If you require more information, you may contact the author or authors directly by clicking on his or her name.
Updates to our publications records have been put on hold until a new storage and delivery system has been put in place. As a result, this information is currently out of date and does not include the most recent publications. For a more complete listing of publications, please visit the Sciences and Exporation Directorate.
Book Articles or Chapters
- Kaufman Y.J., and C. Sendra (1988). Satellite mapping of aerosol loading over vegetated areas. (51-67). Aerosols and Climate, P. V. Hobbs and M. P. McCormick, Eds., A. Deepak Publ..
- Betts A. K., and W.L. Ridgway (1988). Coupling of radiative, convective, and surface fluxes over the equatorial pacific J. Atmos. Sci., 45, 522-536
- Huffman, G.J., and G.A. Norman, Jr. (1988). The Supercooled Warm Rain Process and the Specification of Freezing Precipitation Mon. Wea. Rev., 116(11), 2172-2182
- Huffman, G.J. (1988). Modern Meteorological Computing Resources - the Maryland Experience Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 69(7), 736-742
- Irons, J.R., K.J. Ranson, and C.S.T. Daughtry (1988). Estimating Big Bluestem albedo from directional reflectance measurements. Remote Sens. Environ., 25(2), 185-199
- (1988). Atmospheric effect on spectral signature - Measurements. COSPAR XXVI Adv. Space Res., 7, 203-206
- (1988). Atmospheric effect on spectral signature - Measurements and corrections IEEE J. Geosci. Rem. Sens.GE-26, 441-450
- Kaufman Y.J., and C. Sendra (1988). Algorithm for atmospheric corrections of visible and Near IR satellite imagery Int. J. Rem. Sens., 9, 1357-1381
- Kestner, J.M., H.W. Leidecker, J.R. Irons, J.A. Smith, T.W. Brakke, and N.A. Horning (1988). Goniometric observations of light scattered from soils and leaves. J. of Wave-Material Interaction, 3(2), 189-198
- Luther F., R. Ellingson, Y. Fouquart, S. Fels, N. Scott, and W. Wiscombe (1988). Intercomparison of radiation codes in climate models (ICRCCM): Longwave clear sky results Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 69, 40-48
- McCormac F. G., T. L. Killeen, A. G. Burns, J. W. Meriwether, R. G. Roble, L.E. Wharton, and N. W. Spencer (1988). Polar cap diurnal temperature variations - Observations and modeling J. Geophys. Res., p. 7466, 93.
- Pickering, K.E., R.R. Dickerson, G.J. Huffman, J.F. Boatman, and A. Schanot (1988). Trace Gas Transport in the Vicinity of Frontal Convective Clouds J. of Geophys. Res., 93(D1).
- Plaut J., R.A. Kahn, E. Guinness, and R. Arvidson (1988). Accumulation of sedimentary debris in the south polar region of Mars, and implications for climate history Icarus, 76, 357-377
- Prabhakara C., R. S. Fraser, G. Dalu, M. -L. C. Wu, and R. J. Curran (1988). Thin cirrus clouds, Seasonal distribution over oceans deduced from Nimbus 4 IRIS J. Climate Appl. Meteor., 27, 379-399
- Ross J. K., and A.L. Marshak (1988). Calculation of canopy bidirectional reflectance using Monte Carlo method Remote Sens. Environ., 24, 213-225
- Semazzi F. H. M., V. Mehta, and Y.C. Sud (1988). An investigation of the relationship between sub-Saharan rainfall and global sea surface termperatures Atmos.-Oceans(1), 26, 118-138
- Stamnes K., S.C. Tsay, and T. Nakajima (1988). Computation of eigenvalues and eigenvectors for the Discrete Ordinate and Matrix Operator Methods in radiative transfer J. Quant. Spectrosc. Radiat. Trans., 39, 415-419
- Stamnes K., S.C. Tsay, W. Wiscombe, and K. Jayaweera (1988). Numerically stable algorithm for Discrete-Ordinate-Method radiative transfer in multiple scattering and emitting layered media Appl. Opt., 27, 2502-2509
- Sud Y.C., and A. Molod (1988). The roles of dry convection and cloud radiation feedback processes and the influence of recent improvements in the parameterization of convection in the GLA GCM Mon. Wea. Rev.(11), 116, 2366-2387
- Sud Y.C., and A. Molod (1988). A GCM simulation study of the influence of Saharan evapotranspiration and surface-albedo anomalies on July circulation and rainfall Mon. Wea. Rev.(11), 116, 2388-2408
- Sud Y.C., J. Shukla, and Y. Mintz (1988). Influence of land surface roughness on atmospheric circulation and rainfall: A sensitivity study with a general circulation model J. Appl. Meteor.(9), 27, 1036-1054
- Wiscombe W., and A. Mugnai (1988). Scattering from nonspherical Chebyshev particles II: Means of angular scattering patterns Appl. Opt., 27, 2405-2421